LS16 will follow closely the structure that has evolved and proved very popular over the more than 40 year history of the symposium series.
The full schedule of core themed sessions for June 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st will be announced shortly. Themes include already: Novel emitters; VLC-LiFi; UV-LED; OLED; LED life prognostics; drivers, networks & security; phosphors; metrology; horticultural lighting; lighting ecology; and glare.
Special Evening Lectures, LS16 Arrival / Registration Day, Sunday June 17th, 2018
- Robert Karlicek, RPI, USA “Cognitive Lighting Systems: A Model for the Future of Illumination”
- Ian Tutt, Maritime Signals Consultant, UK “A History of Lighthouse Lighting”
Keynote Lectures, LS16 Opening Session, Monday June 18th, 2018
- Ling Wu, Secretary General, CSA, China “China’s SSL Development”
- Yoichi Kawakami, Kyoto University, Japan “Nitride-based 3D-structures for polychromatic LEDs”
OSA Color Technical Group & The Colour Group (GB) Joint Session, Wednesday June 20th, 2018 “Colour Science & Technology” Invited Lectures and Panel Discussion
N.B. Day-registration available for non-LS16 delegates
Keynote Lectures, LS16 Human Factors Session, Thursday June 21st, 2018
- Mariana Figuiero, LRC, USA “Circadian Light and Circadian Stimulus: Science to Applications
- Arnold Wilkins, University of Essex, UK “Disruptive aspects of colour science and illumination”
LS16 Workshop Day, Friday June 22nd, 2018
- “LED Chip to End-User Application: Performance Metrics in the Development Chain”